Claude Lemieux being sued by NHL agent, former business associate Ritch Winter
Four-time Stanley Cup champion-turned-player agent Claude Lemieux is apparently being sued by former business partner and fellow high-profile agent Ritch Winter, according to documents filed to courthousenews.com.
The document states that Winter's Wintersports Ltd. has accused Lemieux and 4sports & Entertainment of defrauding $500,000, attempting to steal employees, and interfering with contract negotiations.
Here are further details from the document:
Winter claims he helped 4sports obtain a $500,000 line of credit, which was to be used only for 4sport's North American hockey division and could not be used without the agreement of both Lemieux and Winter. ...
Winter says in the lawsuit that shortly after it got the line of credit, 4sports drew down the entire $500,000 and sent it to Switzerland "to create the false impression to 4sports' investor(s) that the 4sports North American hockey division was generating greater revenues than it actually was."
- Report: Sabres unwilling to retain salary in potential Eichel trade
- Vegas' Pacioretty week-to-week with fractured foot
- Three-peat*: The AHL team that sat out a season and returned as champs
- Leafs dress UofT goalie as backup due to cap constraints
- Ducks head coach Eakins blasts Jets for 'dirty play' on Gibson