World Junior MVP Denis Godla signs with Finnish club Kokkolan Hermes
The reigning World Junior Hockey Championship MVP will play in Finland this season.
Godla led Slovakia to a bronze medal at the world juniors last winter, capturing tournament MVP, best goaltender, and All-Star honors while posting a 2.76 GAA and .926 save percentage.
The undrafted 20-year-old appeared in four games for the KHL's Slovan Bratislava in 2014-15, and played 16 games for the Slovakian under-20 team, for whom he posted a 3.19 GAA and .915 save percentage.
- Oilers, Evander Kane agree to contract for rest of season
- Senators' Batherson out at least 2 months with ankle sprain
- Montembeault praises Zegras' Michigan goal: 'Have to tip your cap to him'
- Rangers coach: Fox day-to-day with 'minor' upper-body injury
- NHL weekend preview: Maple Leafs to exploit Red Wings