Bruins' Seidenberg to undergo back surgery, miss 8 weeks
The surgery, scheduled for Thursday, will cost him approximately eight weeks.
Seidenberg, 34, was one of just two Bruins to skate in all 82 games last season, and finished having logged the most ice time. He was limited to 34 games the season prior, having undergone surgery to repair multiple ligaments in his right knee.
Though he was relied on heavily, Seidenberg struggled through portions of the year and was often exposed in a top-pairing role.
He chipped in with three goals and 14 points.
The injury leave Boston with four defensemen, including newcomer Matt Irwin, with at least 100 starts to their credit for the next few months.
- Oilers, Evander Kane agree to contract for rest of season
- MacKinnon reportedly suffered broken nose in collision with Hall
- Former Canucks forward Virtanen charged with sexual assault
- Report: Coyotes in advanced talks to share 5,000-seat rink with Arizona State
- NHL Thursday player props: 3 volume shooters to target