Report: Senators have received a lot of calls for Cowen
Ottawa, however, is reluctant to move Cowen because of his youth and potential upside, Garrioch reports.
Cowen is getting back into game shape after undergoing surgery in April to repair an abdominal tear in his oblique muscle, an injury that has nagged the 24-year-old for nearly two seasons.
"t's good. The rehab was easy," Cowen said. "There's still scar tissue so sometimes I feel a yank but that's kind of like what I was feeling for the last (18 months) but it's not the same. It's fine. Once I warm up it goes away so it actually feels really good."
Cowen said he'll be ready for the beginning of training camp in just over two weeks. He had three goals and nine points in 54 games last season.
- Penguins to start with Karlsson, Letang on top power-play unit
- Matthews willing to embrace bigger role on penalty kill
- Coyotes' Keller: Cooley's dazzling goal 'the best I've ever seen'
- Leafs' Robertson: 'I don't give a f--k' that my name isn't what it once was
- Stone eager to start Cup defense: 'I hope people write us off'