Blue Jackets playfully recruit American soccer hero Carli Lloyd
Carli Lloyd's first-half hat trick propelled the United States to its third Women's World Cup title Sunday, and one NHL team wondered if the American captain's soccer skills could translate to the ice.
Lloyd scored three times in the first 16 minutes of the match against Japan, leading the USA to a 5-2 victory and becoming the first player to register a hat trick in a Women's World Cup final.
- Mikheyev has 'no complaints' about Canucks' handling of season-ending ACL injury
- Blue Jackets claim Pederson off waivers from Canucks
- A radical remodel of local sports TV may come sooner than expected
- Horvat's 4-point night propels Canucks past Blue Jackets
- Flames rebound from ugly loss with impressive win vs. Kraken