Sharks sign Dillon to 5-year, $16.35M contract extension
The extension carries an average annual value of $3.27 million. Dillon will earn $1.9 million in the first year of the deal, with his salary gradually climbing to $3.9 million in 2018-19 and 2019-20, according to CSN Bay Area's Kevin Kurz.
Dillon was traded to San Jose from the Dallas Stars last season and recorded nine points while averaging 19:13 time on ice in 60 games with his new team. The 24-year-old defenseman has 209 games of NHL experience and is coming off a one-year deal worth $1.25 million.
- Kadri: I'd love to stay with Avs, but 'I've shown what my worth is'
- Draft survey: Prospects talk NHL comps, fashion, teammates, and resilience
- 5 important questions heading into the NHL's offseason frenzy
- Report: Duclair out long term after suffering Achilles tendon injury
- Superlative awards for the 2021-22 NHL season