Blackhawks' Andrew Shaw fined for diving
The incident took place in the first period of Chicago's 4-1 win over the Los Angeles Kings on March 30.
It's the first such citation for Shaw under Rule 64.3 of the CBA, which was instituted prior to the season as an effort to crack down on diving.
If the Blackhawks forward is fined again, it will be for $3,000. Each subsequent fine escalates by $1,000 until the fourth offense, after which every citation costs the offending player $5,000.
- Lightning 'praying' Kucherov OK after leaving game with apparent injury
- Report: Sabres unwilling to retain salary in potential Eichel trade
- Watch: Flames' Andersson headbutts Oilers' Yamamoto
- Three-peat*: The AHL team that sat out a season and returned as champs
- Vegas' Pacioretty week-to-week with fractured foot