Warrant issued for Deveaux's arrest after vicious slashing incident in Sweden
Swedish prosecutor Margareta Danielsson-Olvon has issued a warrant in the arrest of Swedish hockey player Andre Deveaux.
The warrant comes following Deveaux's malicious attack on Per Helmersson during a second-tier Swedish hockey game last week.
According to Danielsson-Olvon, the whereabouts of Deveaux are unknown at this time. The 31-year-old is wanted under suspicion of assault.
Deveaux's team, Rögle BK, terminated his contract Monday in regards to the incident. The same day that VIK Västerås, the opposing club, reported Deveaux to police.
If he does not turn himself into police Sweden could issue an international arrest warrant for Deveaux.
- Canadiens eliminate Golden Knights in 6 games, advance to Stanley Cup Final
- Stone takes blame for Golden Knights' elimination: 'I got skunked'
- 5 storylines to watch for Lightning-Islanders Game 7
- Seattle expansion draft: Predicting Pacific Division protected lists
- Golden Knights go back to Lehner for must-win Game 6 vs. Canadiens