Warrant issued for Deveaux's arrest after vicious slashing incident in Sweden
Swedish prosecutor Margareta Danielsson-Olvon has issued a warrant in the arrest of Swedish hockey player Andre Deveaux.
The warrant comes following Deveaux's malicious attack on Per Helmersson during a second-tier Swedish hockey game last week.
According to Danielsson-Olvon, the whereabouts of Deveaux are unknown at this time. The 31-year-old is wanted under suspicion of assault.
Deveaux's team, Rögle BK, terminated his contract Monday in regards to the incident. The same day that VIK Västerås, the opposing club, reported Deveaux to police.
If he does not turn himself into police Sweden could issue an international arrest warrant for Deveaux.
- Eichel fails Sabres physical, stripped of captaincy
- Prove-it season: What's at stake for the Habs, Leafs, and Sens in 2021-22
- Kane not participating in Sharks' camp as new investigation opens
- Sabres agree to terms with Dahlin on 3-year deal worth $18M
- Leafs' Rielly not focused on extension heading into contract year