Report: Senators don't want to 'pollute' Andrew Hammond with contract talks
Per Sportsnet's Elliotte Friedman on Hockey Night in Canada's "Headlines" segment:
Are they talking at all to extend him? The answer is no. They don't want to pollute - was the word I heard - everything that's going on right now. Don't bring contract talks into it. They'll wait until after the season - it's going so well for them now.
Since his emergency recall late last month, Hammond has fashioned a 1.43 GAA and a .954 save percentage while his 7-0-1 record as a starter has lifted Ottawa to within striking distance in the Eastern Conference postseason race.
- Dumba not worried about trade, extension entering contract year
- Canucks' Boeser expected to miss start of season after hand surgery
- Fantasy: 5 potential NHL sleepers to steal late in drafts
- Ranking the NHL's 6 best defense pairings entering 2022-23
- Panarin seeking more complete game: 'I need to be everywhere'