Report: Flyers hoping to trade Braydon Coburn prior to deadline
Ron Hextall is looking to make a deal.
The Philadelphia Flyers general manager is hoping to trade defenseman Braydon Coburn prior to Monday's deadline, and multiple teams are believed to be calling with interest, according to Tim Panaccio of CSN.
Coburn, 30, remains under contract through to the end of next season with a $4.5-million cap hit. The Flyers already have six defensemen under contract for next season, including Coburn and minus restricted free agent Michael Del Zotto, whose strong play of late warrants an extension.
Coburn is averaging 20:14 of ice time on the Flyers blue line, contributing one goal and eight assists in 39 games.
- Shesterkin self-critical after loss to Devils: 'Played a shit game again'
- Eichel briefly exits vs. Blue Jackets after taking wrist shot to face
- NHL weekly betting guide: True moneylines for every game
- Avalanche, Galchenyuk agree to 1-year deal for rest of season
- Bruins' Ulllmark cleared to play after sustaining injury Friday