Jets, NHL fail to reach agreement on Heritage Classic for 2015-16 season
The Jets' ownership group, True North Sports & Entertainment LTD., made the following statement on the Jets team site:
True North Sports & Entertainment Limited and the Winnipeg Football Club, along with the National Hockey League, would like to formally announce that they were unable to finalize a date to hold the Heritage Classic at Investors Group Field during the 2015-16 NHL season. All parties are very hopeful that a date can be secured early in the 2016-17 NHL Season and will continue working toward that objective. The game will be an exciting celebration of hockey in our province and our city, one which both True North and the Bombers look forward to hosting at a time which works for all parties involved.
The Heritage Classic has been played on three prior occasions - in Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver.
- Sharks' Wilson taking temporary medical leave
- Armstrong: Canada's goalie situation less concrete than competitors'
- 'When Goalies Were Weird' - Episode 1: Dominik Hasek 🎧
- Jarry stays hot with 3rd shutout in last 5 games as Pens blank Isles
- Vasilevskiy records 200th career win in style with 17-save shutout