Bruins sign Simon Gagne to 1-year deal worth $600K
The Boston Bruins officially added Simon Gagne to both their roster and payroll Tuesday, signing the veteran forward to a one-year, $600,000 contract.
Gagne was with the team on a tryout basis but wasn't eligible to play without an NHL contract.
Two seasons ago, the two-time 40-goal scorer played in 38 games split between the Los Angeles Kings and Philadelphia Flyers, scoring five goals.
In a reactive move, Bobby Robins and Jordan Caron were assigned to the American Hockey League's Providence Bruins.
- Penguins to start with Karlsson, Letang on top power-play unit
- Matthews willing to embrace bigger role on penalty kill
- Coyotes' Keller: Cooley's dazzling goal 'the best I've ever seen'
- Leafs' Robertson: 'I don't give a f--k' that my name isn't what it once was
- Stone eager to start Cup defense: 'I hope people write us off'