Report: 'Considerable concern' about the severity of Evander Kane's lower-body injury
After just three first period shifts, 23-year-old Winnipeg Jets forward Evander Kane left his club's season opening game against the Arizona Coyotes on Thursday night with a lower-body injury.
Based on what TSN's Bob McKenzie is reporting, the injury could keep Kane off of the ice long-term:
Though controversy has swirled around him in recent years, Kane is still a burgeoning power forward and an elite volume shooter with undeniable superstar upside. If his injury is as significant as Jets brass apparently fear, this could be a significant loss for Winnipeg.
- Leafs' Robertson: 'I don't give a f--k' that my name isn't what it once was
- Coyotes' Keller: Cooley's dazzling goal 'the best I've ever seen'
- 15 attainable milestones, team records for the 2023-24 NHL season
- Stone eager to start Cup defense: 'I hope people write us off'
- GM Armstrong: Keller 'might be the best Coyote ever' when his career ends