Wild set franchise record with 48 shots in 5-0 win vs. Avalanche
The Minnesota Wild made history in Thursday night's dismantling of the Colorado Avalanche.
The Wild didn't manage another shot after setting the record, but still outshot the Avalanche 48-16.
The Avalanche blocked nine Minnesota shots as the Wild posted a Corsi For percentage of 72.64.
The shot record wasn't the only franchise mark set by Minnesota. The five-goal disparity was the largest margin of victory in a Wild home and/or season opener.
Wild captain Zach Parise was diplomatic about the opponents' performance.
- Canucks GM: 'I think we can get help on the back end'
- 4 takeaways from Patrick Kane's decision to sign with the Red Wings
- Vilardi miffed with former teammate Lizotte after injury: 'It's a stupid play'
- Kane aiming to make Red Wings debut in next 7-10 days
- Perry becomes free agent after clearing unconditional waivers