NHL, officials' union 'quietly' engaged in collective bargaining negotiations
As a new NHL season approaches, the league and the officials' union are working towards coming to terms on a new collective bargaining agreement.
The union, of course, is comprised of both referees and linesmen.
The previous agreement was ratified on Oct. 4, 2010, days before the start of the regular season; officials worked the entire pre-season schedule without a contract that year.
As such, it may be a few weeks until this matter is resolved.
- Sharks' Wilson taking temporary medical leave
- Armstrong: Canada's goalie situation less concrete than competitors'
- 'When Goalies Were Weird' - Episode 1: Dominik Hasek 🎧
- Jarry stays hot with 3rd shutout in last 5 games as Pens blank Isles
- Vasilevskiy records 200th career win in style with 17-save shutout