PHOTO: Shea Weber slap shot puts a hole in boards
Veteran defenseman Shea Weber gave young Seth Jones a lesson or two on how to get full velocity on a slap shot Thursday, literally firing a puck through the boards during a summer training session.
Weber set a personal best shooting 106 miles per hour at the 2012 NHL All-Star Game, but finished second in the Hardest Shot event to Zdeno Chara (108.8 mph).
And upon seeing this picture, all NHL players resolve to never attempt to block a Shea Weber slap shot again.
- Coyotes hammer Capitals to complete 5-game win streak vs. recent champs
- Report: 2024-25 NHL salary cap projected to be $87.7M
- Vasilevskiy's 1st shutout of season helps Bolts end 4-game skid vs. Stars
- NHL Power Rankings: Each team's biggest surprise so far
- Brossoit's 42-save effort propels Jets to victory over Hurricanes