Evander Kane on persistent trade rumors: 'We’ll carry on as if I’m a Winnipeg Jet'
Winnipeg Jets forward Evander Kane has been the subject of on-and-off trade rumors over the course of the past few seasons, and, while making an appearance on The TEAM 1040 in Vancouver on Tuesday, he was asked point-blank whether he wants to stay with the team.
His response was ... somewhat vague.
Host: Evander do you want to play for the Winnipeg Jets anymore?
Kane: Well, I think I'm a Winnipeg Jet right now, and, you know, there's been speculation and rumors the three years since I got there. So, you know, we'll see what happens and we'll carry on as if I'm a Winnipeg Jet.
Host: There’s not a yes in there, and some Jets fans might say, why doesn’t he want to play for us? Or why isn’t he absolutely fully on board for playing for us?….you’re shaking your finger at me.
Kane: I’m training hard and getting ready for this season, and last summer I didn’t have a full year of training due to some surgery I had, so I found it really important for me to start training early and get myself in the best shape possible for this season. So that’s my focus.
These comments are unlikely to pacify concerned Jets fans in regards to the 22-year-old's future with the team.
For now, let's carry on as if Kane is a Jet, shall we?
- Canucks acquire Zadorov from Flames for 2 picks
- Eichel notches goal and 2 assists in his 500th game, Golden Knights beat Canucks
- Hathaway tossed, Smith faces hearing for incidents in Devils-Flyers
- Perry apologizes for 'unacceptable' conduct, seeks substance abuse treatment
- Marner scores hat trick, shootout winner to lead Maple Leafs over Kraken