Hurricanes troll Predators on Twitter after winning 1st-round series
After Sebastian Aho buried the overtime winner in Game 6 to end the first-round series Thursday night, Carolina's social media team took to Twitter to take several jabs at the Predators.
First, the Canes took aim at a popular Instagram spot in downtown Nashville:
Carolina's next dunk on the Preds went viral on hockey Twitter:
This one targeted Nashville's infamous Presidents' Trophy banner, which quickly became a meme after the team hung it in the rafters of Bridgestone Arena in 2018. Tennessee Titans offensive lineman Taylor Lewan and rock band Creed attended Predators home games during the series.
The Predators ultimately had enough. We'll see how long the block lasts.
The Hurricanes and Predators had no pre-existing rivalry until they were lumped together in the Central Division for the 2020-21 season. Given their geographic proximity and recent postseason fireworks, perhaps the bad blood will persist between the two southern franchises.
- Ducks sign Zegras to 3-year deal with reported $5.75M AAV
- Senators waive Bernard-Docker, Sokolov to send them to AHL
- Canucks' Demko 'better off' after overcoming groin injury
- An early look at 11 prospects destined for the 2024 NHL Draft
- Cozens vows Sabres won't be intimidated: 'We're not scared of anyone'