Report: Seattle expansion draft set for July 21
NHL fans will soon be able to circle a date on the calendar for the upcoming Seattle Kraken expansion draft.
Under the tentative agreement for the upcoming 2020-21 season, teams will need to submit their protected lists on July 17 with the expansion draft set to take place on July 21, according to TSN's Bob McKenzie.
The event would take place just days before the 2021 NHL Draft is reportedly set to begin on July 23.
Seattle will follow the same rules the Vegas Golden Knights did for their expansion draft in 2017. The organization will be allowed to pick one player from each team excluding the Golden Knights.
Each team will have the option to protect either seven forwards, three defensemen, and one goalie or eight skaters and one goalie. The rest of the players on the roster will be exposed, except first- and second-year players and all unsigned draft choices.
- Boeser up to league-leading 17 goals as Canucks hand Ducks 7th straight loss
- Canucks trade Beauvillier to Blackhawks
- Blackhawks terminating Perry's contract due to 'unacceptable' conduct
- Watch: Leafs squeak out shootout victory after Panthers' winner overturned
- 4 takeaways from Patrick Kane's decision to sign with the Red Wings