Blue Jackets sign Domi to 2-year, $10.6M deal
Columbus acquired Domi and the No. 78 pick from the Montreal Canadiens during Wednesday's draft in exchange for restricted free-agent forward Josh Anderson. The Blue Jackets drafted defenseman Samuel Knazko with the selection.
Domi is coming off a two-year, $6.3-million deal he signed with the Canadiens in 2018. He scored 17 goals and added 27 assists in 71 games last season. Domi set career highs in goals (28) and assists (44) in 2018-19.
The 25-year-old saw his role with the Canadiens diminish during the postseason, as he was largely relegated to fourth-line duties and averaged 14:21 minutes per game. When asked about it Wednesday, Domi said he didn't really know where he stood with Canadiens head coach Claude Julien.
- Jets, Appleton avoid arbitration with 3-year deal
- Chair of board of directors for Hockey Canada steps down
- Huberdeau eager to start with Flames: 'I'm going to give everything I have'
- Best of the rest: Top remaining NHL UFAs by position
- Hurricanes GM confident they'll sign Necas: 'It's going to get done'