Kotkaniemi ejected for boarding in must-win game for Habs
Montreal Canadiens forward Jesperi Kotkaniemi was handed a five-minute major and a game misconduct for boarding Philadelphia Flyers defenseman Travis Sanheim during the second period of Game 5 on Wednesday.
Sanheim, who ranks third among Flyers players in average ice time per game this postseason (19:56), remained in the contest despite being shaken up on the play.
Philadelphia converted twice on the ensuing power play with a pair of goals from Jakub Voracek.
The Flyers own a 3-1 series lead over Montreal and will advance to the second round with a win Wednesday.
- Rangers take down Hurricanes to force Game 7
- Tkachuk 'very open' to signing long-term extension with Flames
- Oilers' Holland: McDavid showing 'incredible commitment' on defense
- McDavid and Draisaitl have already authored legendary postseasons
- Flames' Tanev played through dislocated shoulder, out 4-6 months