Los Angeles Kings head coach Todd McLellan took an unsurprising stance when asked about a reportedly proposed draft lottery tournament if the 2019-20 season is officially canceled.
"I'm not a fan of it. Not one bit," McLellan said Monday, according to The Athletic's Lisa Dillman.
Last week, one team executive suggested the league could hold a tournament in which lottery teams would compete for the top selection if the season is lost, according to The Athletic's Craig Custance.
But McLellan's Kings are near the bottom of the standings (28th), so it's easy to see why the bench boss has an issue with the idea.
"For me, it's a little counterintuitive to do it that way," McLellan said, according to the Los Angeles Times' Jack Harris.
With the season currently on pause, the Kings would hold 9.5% odds to land the No. 1 selection under the traditional lottery format.