Voracek rebukes Boychuk: 'He's pointing at me like it's WrestleMania'
But it's safe to say Voracek wasn't pleased with the way Boychuk responded to the incident.
"He's skating off the ice and he's pointing at me like it's WrestleMania or something," Voracek said postgame, according to NBC Sports.
Here's a full look at the incident:
"C'mon, it's a hockey game. Jesus Christ," Voracek continued. "He's the guy who was sucker-punching 19-year-old Nolan Patrick last year at the end of our game. And he's gonna do that? Jeez, gimme a break."
Voracek received a five-minute major on the play and was handed a two-game suspension for the hit on Sunday. When he returned to the ice during Saturday's action, Islanders blue-liner Scott Mayfield unsuccessfully tried to fight him.
Boychuk left the game and didn't return. Islanders head coach Barry Trotz said postgame he's day-to-day, according to NHL.com's Brian Compton.
The Islanders and Flyers will meet again March 23 in Philadelphia.
- Rangers take down Hurricanes to force Game 7
- Tkachuk 'very open' to signing long-term extension with Flames
- Oilers' Holland: McDavid showing 'incredible commitment' on defense
- McDavid and Draisaitl have already authored legendary postseasons
- Flames' Tanev played through dislocated shoulder, out 4-6 months