McDavid avoids serious injury after being drilled into boards from behind
McDavid skated off under his own power and didn't miss any time. No penalty was called on the play.
Oilers head coach Ken Hitchcock has been critical of the league for not protecting McDavid in the past, calling out officials in December.
"I'm not going to comment on the penalties, but the stuff that really bothers me is what's happening to Connor," Hitchcock said. "We're a league that's supposed to showcase our top players - and you don't want to give them all the freedom - but the tug-of-war on him was absolutely ridiculous and that's a little bit discouraging, to be honest with you.
"I can see the whack-and-hacking going on when he's got the puck, but to me, it's all the stuff behind (the play) that doesn't allow him to showcase his speed, and if that's what we want, well, that's fine, but I think it's a real disservice to a player like him."
- Kane's natural hat trick propels Oilers past Flames for series lead in Game 3
- Flames' Lucic ejected for running Oilers' Smith behind the net
- Rangers' Gallant calls out Hurricanes for 'bullshit' at end of Game 3
- Maple Leafs sign Giordano to 2-year extension with $800K AAV
- Lightning close in on sweep of Panthers with Game 3 victory