Blue Jackets sign college FA Sam Vigneault to 2-year deal
The Columbus Blue Jackets signed college free-agent Sam Vigneault of Clarkson University to a two-year, entry-level contract, the club announced.
Vigneault will report to the Cleveland Monsters, Columbus' AHL affiliate, and his contract will begin next season.
A 6-foot-5, 21-year-old forward, Vigneault led Clarkson this season with 36 points in 39 games.
- Report: Sabres unwilling to retain salary in potential Eichel trade
- Lightning 'praying' Kucherov OK after leaving game with apparent injury
- Vegas' Pacioretty week-to-week with fractured foot
- Three-peat*: The AHL team that sat out a season and returned as champs
- Maple Leafs' Mrazek to miss 2 weeks with groin injury