Radulov denies he's seeking max-term extension with Canadiens
Adam Hunger / USA TODAY Sports

Alexander Radulov denies he's seeking an eight-year contract extension from the Montreal Canadiens.

"It's not even close, what they saying." Radulov said Friday, according to TSN's John Lu. "I don't even know how this .. I just don't want to even discuss that because it's nothing I can really control.

"I was sick yesterday, and I got a phone call from my agent, (who said), 'there's something going on, some people talking,' so I was like 'Who's talking? No one knows nothing about it,' so I even talked to Marc (Bergevin) today and it's like someone throw it in the Internet, or whatever it was, and it doesn't make sense."

Reports surfaced this week that the dynamic 30-year-old winger's reps were indeed seeking a maximum-term deal for their client in the midst of his successful return to the NHL this season.

Radulov has provided 15 goals and 32 assists in 65 games on his one-year, $5.75-million contract with Montreal.

He previously spent the better part of the last eight seasons in the KHL.

Comments
Radulov denies he's seeking max-term extension with Canadiens
  Got something to say? Leave a comment below!
Daily Newsletter
Get the latest trending sports news daily in your inbox