Bettman shoots down idea of play-in postseason game
Ken Holland's vision for the NHL to implement a wild card-style postseason game was shot down Friday by Commissioner Gary Bettman.
Bettman responded to the idea, but expressed his contentment with the current playoff format to ESPN's Craig Custance.
"We think the structure we have now works," said Bettman.
If there's one thing to note, it's that 3-on-3 overtime was Holland's brainchild; he pitched the idea years ago before it finally became a reality last season. So, never say never.
- Canucks GM: 'I think we can get help on the back end'
- 4 takeaways from Patrick Kane's decision to sign with the Red Wings
- Vilardi miffed with former teammate Lizotte after injury: 'It's a stupid play'
- Kane aiming to make Red Wings debut in next 7-10 days
- Perry becomes free agent after clearing unconditional waivers