Report: Mario Lemieux's son commits to Sun Devils
Arizona State has scored a magnificent addition.
Austin Lemieux, son of former NHL superstar Mario, will join the NCAA's Arizona State Sun Devils next season, reports Craig Morgan of Arizona Sports, citing sources.
The 20-year-old currently plays for the Islanders Hockey Club of the U.S. Premier Hockey League. He spent last season with the USHL's Omaha Lancers, scoring 14 points in 57 games, and has previously participated in Pittsburgh Penguins prospect camp.
Austin will join many NHL bloodlines who make their hockey life in the Grand Canyon State, with Max Domi, Ryan MacInnis, and Henrik Samuelsson - all sons of former NHLers - all part of the nearby Arizona Coyotes organization.
- Report: Lightning working with McDonagh to find trade fit
- Complementary but different styles put Savoie, Geekie high on NHL draft boards
- Best moments from the Avalanche's Stanley Cup parade
- Draft survey: Prospects talk NHL comps, fashion, teammates, and resilience
- 5 important questions heading into the NHL's offseason frenzy