Report: Strome, Crouse, Chychrun to break camp with Coyotes
The Arizona Coyotes see it as a young man's game.
Dylan Strome, Lawson Crouse, and Jakob Chychrun are all expected to make the Coyotes' 23-man roster out of training camp, TSN's Bob McKenzie reports.
If not the most sure bet, Strome was certainly most likely of the three to make the team. Chosen third overall behind Connor McDavid and Jack Eichel in 2015 draft, Strome scored 37 goals and 111 points last season in the Ontario Hockey League, quite clearly needing a new challenge.
Crouse was picked up in an offseason trade with the Florida Panthers. The 11th overall pick in the McDavid, Eichel, Strome draft, Crouse scored just 62 points in the OHL last season, and also brings other skills to the table.
Chychrun will be the youngest player on the roster, and one of the few 18-year-olds in the league. Injuries and suspensions to roster players certainly helped the chances for the 16th overall selection this summer, but also might mean his stay will be short.
- Capitals' Carlson expected to play vs. Blackhawks after 36-game absence
- 'Every year there's something new': NHLers on hardest skills to master
- Marchand deletes Twitter, will return if he wants 'to make fun of someone'
- Senators sign Tyler Kleven to entry-level deal
- Report: Blackhawks nix Pride jerseys out of security concerns for Russian players