Flames sign Matthew Tkachuk to entry-level deal
The Calgary Flames have agreed to terms with their first-round pick.
Matthew Tkachuk signed his three-year, entry-level contract Thursday, the club announced.
The Flames selected Tkachuk sixth overall in the 2016 draft.
The son of former NHL forward Keith Tkachuk racked up 107 points in 57 regular-season games for the OHL's London Knights in 2015-16, adding another 40 points in 18 playoff contests.
The 18-year-old winger helped the Knights to a Memorial Cup championship in the spring.
- Trocheck seeks progress from Rangers: 'Put up or shut up'
- Crosby won't 'bet against' McDavid topping 170 points this season
- Matthews willing to embrace bigger role on penalty kill
- Penguins to start with Karlsson, Letang on top power-play unit
- Leafs' Robertson: 'I don't give a f--k' that my name isn't what it once was