Stanley Cup Game 1 ratings lowest since 2012
Viewership for Monday's game on NBC dropped 36 percent from last year, receiving a 2.7 overnight rating - the lowest for a Cup Final Game 1 since the 2012 series opener between the Kings and Devils, which earned a 2.4 rating, according to Sports Media Watch.
Meanwhile, the Warriors-Thunder game had nearly five times the viewership, grabbing an 11.2 rating on the night nationally, as well as in the Bay Area, with both the Warriors and Sharks representing Northern California.
Earlier in the week, Sharks forward Joel Ward told reporters "it sucks" that the games occurred on the same night, but that won't be an issue for Wednesday's Game 2, which should provide a great opportunity for San Jose to truly rally around their hockey team.
- MacKinnon: Avalanche were 'really bad' in Game 2 loss
- 'A fatal mistake': Panthers, Brunette bemoan Lightning's late Game 2 winner
- Bruins president noncommittal on Cassidy's future: 'We'll see where it goes'
- Sutter, Brunette, Gallant voted Jack Adams Award finalists
- Oilers turning back to Smith for Game 2