Hurricanes reach out to Victor Rask's agent about new contract
The club has reached out to Rask's agent regarding a contract and are now awaiting a response, general manager Ron Francis told Chip Alexander of the Raleigh News and Observer.
Rask is coming off his second season with the club where he finished second on the team with 21 goals and tied for second with 48 points in 80 games. He will become a restricted free agent if not signed before July 1.
Francis also noted the 23-year-old underwent shoulder surgery at the end of the season, and according to Francis, "The surgery went really well and he'll be ready for training camp."
- Letang added to COVID-19 protocol, out vs. Maple Leafs
- Oilers become NHL's 1st unbeaten team through 5 games to start 2021-22
- Stars' Hakanpaa ejected for kneeing Kings' Doughty
- Keefe downplays Ritchie criticism: Matthews, Marner as much to blame
- Jones and Blackhawks in trouble, Kyrou's breakout, and Kraken impressions