Report: Burrow diagnosed with torn ACL
The news is based only on the initial diagnosis and there may be additional damage to Burrow's knee, Rapoport reports. He'll undergo an MRI to confirm the extent of the injury.
Burrow was in considerable pain after taking a hit in Cincinnati's Week 11 defeat. He was carted off the field and ruled out of the game shortly after.
Players from both teams were seen comforting the rookie as he left the field and he was quickly sent well wishes on social media.
Burrow completed 22 of 34 passes for 203 yards and a touchdown before he went down with the injury. The 23-year-old appeared to confirm he'll miss the remainder of the campaign via Twitter.
Ryan Finley replaced the 2020 first overall pick at quarterback.
- Key takeaways and analysis from Week 14 in the NFL
- NFL Playoff Picture - Week 14: Postseason seeds, projected draft order
- Mahomes livid, Reid says flag on negated TD vs. Bills was 'embarrassing'
- Cowboys dominate Eagles on SNF to shake up NFC East
- Vikings' Jefferson sustains chest injury in return from 7-game absence