Raiders' Del Rio 'would love to honor' John Madden with sideline suit
Since that time, the NFL has made an agreement for coaches and all team personnel to sport Nike apparel on its sidelines, but Del Rio would like to don the suit and tie once again to honor the legendary John Madden, if he can get permission.
Madden spent his entire coaching career with the Raiders often wearing a shirt and tie, winning Super Bowl XI in the process. The Super Bowl victory came before moving to the broadcast booth, launching his video game series, and being inducted into the Hall of Fame.
- Robinson: Playing in Rams' offense will 'bring the best out of me'
- Jones: Giants declining 5th-year option 'out of my control'
- Fantasy Podcast: Offseason risers and fallers for every NFC team
- Ravens veteran punter Sam Koch retires after 16 seasons
- Minority GM, coach candidates invited to meet NFL owners