Report: Broncos exchange contract proposals with Ronnie Hillman
Hillman has spent the first four seasons of his career with the Broncos, having his best season in 2015 rushing for 863 yards on 207 carries with seven touchdowns. He has primarily been used as a back up and third-down back in his time with Denver and would continue to do the same if he returned.
The Broncos retained C.J. Anderson after the Miami Dolphins put an offer sheet in for the restricted free agent, meaning its unlikely Denver would offer big money to Hillman.
It was reported earlier in the week that the Broncos were interested in bringing back Hillman, who is currently an unrestricted free agent. The Green Bay Packers expressed interest in the 24-year-old back in late March.
- Fields downplays decision to unfollow Bears on social media
- Patriots OC: 'Everything is on the table' at QB amid draft, Mac Jones rumors
- Bears great McMichael expected to return home from hospital Thursday
- 7 blockbuster trades we want to see this NFL offseason
- Tyreek: Idea of Dolphins trading Waddle is 'ludicrous'