Carey Price aggravates existing injury
Price's right leg appeared to bend awkwardly while moving laterally in the crease during the second period. He finished the frame, but didn't come out for the final 20 minutes.
Canadiens head coach Michel Therrien insisted Price wasn't rushed back from the injury that forced him to miss nine games prior to his return last week.
"The medical staff was really comfortable and Carey was really comfortable to come back," Therrien said.
"If we would have had any doubt, for sure we were never going to take that risk. That's all we could say about it. He tweaked it again tonight and that's why we don't want to take any chances. It's still early in the season, so it's important for us that when he plays he's got to make sure he's healthy."
Mike Condon stopped all 11 shots he faced in the third period.
Price is 10-2-0 with a 2.06 GAA and .934 save percentage in 12 games.
- Jerry Jones tells Shedeur Sanders he 'very easily' could be No. 1 pick
- MLB, union say 1 positive test among record 11,783 drug scans in last year
- Fantasy Podcast: Week 13 injury updates and expectations
- Packers' Jones out again, will miss SNF vs. Chiefs
- Kraken's Schwartz out 6 weeks with upper-body injury