VIDEO: Canadiens' Beaulieu earns match penalty for cross-check on Rinaldo
The penalty was assessed as a result of a perceived intent to injure.
All match penalties are reviewed by the NHL's Department of Player Safety, and carry a one-game suspension pending a reversal from the league.
Thus, Beaulieu will certainly be getting a phone call from the NHL, although the Canadiens may argue that he was protecting himself from the traditionally unpredictable Rinaldo, who's no stranger to supplemental discipline himself.
- Ex-Kings goalie Quick helps Rangers prevail over his former team
- Jets praise 'unbelievable' Wilson after career day in win over Texans
- Jets' Connor won't return after taking knee-on-knee hit from Ducks' Strome
- Mahomes livid, Reid says flag on negated TD vs. Bills was 'embarrassing'
- Pickard stands tall vs. Devils to help Oilers win 7th straight game