Hassan Whiteside sets Heat record with 14 rebounds in a quarter
Whiteside's rating could be set to take another leap.
Dallas shooting 3-of-17 from the field (17.6 percent) and Miami going 7-of-27 (25.9 percent) didn't hurt, and gave Whiteside plenty of chances, but the feat remains highly impressive.
Whiteside then matched his career-high rebound total by grabbing 16 through two quarters, which also happens to be the most by any player in a half this season.
The 24 rebounds were the most by a Heat player since Kevin Willis' 24 in December 1994, according to ESPN Stats and Info.
Whiteside has turned out to be a steal for the Heat, who signed him after he was waived by the Memphis Grizzlies. The 25-year-old began the season in the D-League and now has 53 rebounds in his last three games.
Entering Friday's monster contest, Whiteside was averaging 12.7 points on 67.5 percent shooting from the field, 9.8 rebounds and 3.6 blocks since the calender flipped to 2015. It appears he's here to stay.
- Dodgers opener Kelly gives up HR, suffers injury in NLCS Game 5
- Mayfield has shoulder fracture in addition to torn labrum
- Report: Price, Binnington among 6 goalies on Team Canada's list for Olympics
- Congress asks NFL for information on Washington Football Team investigation
- Odell active vs. Broncos despite shoulder injury