VIDEO: A-Rod congratulates Jim Harbaugh after final game with 49ers
The San Francisco 49ers announced shortly after Sunday's 20-17 win over the Arizona Cardinals that head coach Jim Harbaugh won't be back with the team in 2015, ending a four-year relationship that yielded a Super Bowl appearance and three NFC championships.
Among those in attendance for Sunday's season finale was New York Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez, who took the opportunity to congratulate Harbaugh in the bowels of Levi's Stadium moments after the 49ers walked off the field.
The two briefly exchanged pleasantries before Rodriguez offered his congratulations and encouraged Harbaugh to come watch a Yankees game next season, should he find himself in the Bronx.
"If you're in New York, come see us this year," said Rodriguez.
- Key takeaways and analysis from Week 14 in the NFL
- NFL Playoff Picture - Week 14: Postseason seeds, projected draft order
- Cowboys dominate Eagles on SNF to shake up NFC East
- Falcons' Smith: 'Our spirit is not broken' despite costly loss to Bucs
- Ex-Kings goalie Quick helps Rangers prevail over his former team