Report: Maple Leafs actively shopping everybody except short list of 4 untouchables
In seeking to improve a club that seemed like it was good until it all fell rapidly apart down the stretch, the Toronto Maple Leafs are expected to be aggressive on the trade market. General manager Dave Nonis has explicitly said that he'll look to the trade market this offseason, and trade rumors have circled around Leafs players from Nikolai Kulemin, to Nazem Kadri, to captain Dion Phaneuf.
If it seems like more Leafs players are being shopped this offseason than are safe to be on the team next October, it's because - reportedly - that might just be the case. From Sportsnet's Nick Kypreos:
So the short list of players on the Maple Leafs' Dave Mamet-approved list of untouchables includes starting goaltender Jonathan Bernier, young cornerstone defender Morgan Rielly, and top-line forwards Phil Kessel and Tyler Bozak, but not James van Riemsdyk, apparently.
It sure seems like it could be an interesting offseason in Toronto.
- Canadiens claim Clague off waivers from Kings
- Dorion addresses Senators' poor start: 'I've had a few sleepless nights'
- NFL Week 13 player props: Which quarterbacks will be under pressure?
- LeBron: NBA's COVID-19 testing process 'handled very poorly'
- Steelers activate Watt from COVID list ahead of Ravens game