Twitter confused by Empire State Building lighting up in Eagles colors
The Empire State Building ruffled plenty of feathers following the NFC Championship Game on Sunday.
The iconic New York City building was lit up in green and white on Sunday night in honor of the Philadelphia Eagles defeating the San Francisco 49ers to win the NFC title and advance to Super Bowl LVII.
Given the longstanding rivalry between the Eagles and New York Giants, many on Twitter were confused and angered by the show of support.
The building's Twitter account responded to the backlash later Sunday night, tweeting, "That hurt us more than it hurt you" with a new photo showing it lit up in red and white for the AFC champion Kansas City Chiefs.
- Marshawn Lynch resolves Vegas DUI case without trial or conviction
- NBA futures: Separating NBA Finals contenders from pretenders
- Patriots OC: 'Everything is on the table' at QB amid draft, Mac Jones rumors
- Dubas: Penguins 'running out of time' as deadline looms
- Mets' Senga dealing with arm fatigue after throwing at spring training