Cavaliers select Ochai Agbaji with No. 14 pick
A steady riser in his four years with the Jayhawks, Agbaji capped off his senior season averaging 18.8 points, 5.1 rebounds, 1.6 assists, and almost a steal per game. His three-point percentage also rose significantly over the four seasons, eclipsing 40% in his final year. Agbaji was named Big 12 Player of the Year and was featured as a consensus first-team All-American.
Agbaji played a key role in the Jayhawks' national title, leading the team in scoring with 18 points in the squad's Elite Eight win over No. 10 Miami. He was only able to muster 12 points in the championship game against No. 8 North Carolina but was still named Most Outstanding Player of the Final Four.
A threat from beyond the arc, Agbaji pairs outstanding shooting with elite athleticism, finding himself on the receiving end of numerous lobs in his senior year. At the next level, Agbaji is on track for a key reserve role in a rotation as a prototypical 3-and-D wing, but given his track record as a steady developer, he has the potential to become a starter for a quality team.
College experience: Senior
Weight: 217 lbs
Max vertical: N/A
- Catch-and-shoot 3-pointers from the corner are his bread and butter
- Lob threat, makes plenty of backdoor cuts from the corner along the baseline to the basket for easy buckets
- Strong on-ball defender who navigates switches on the perimeter with relative ease
- For as good as he is shooting on the catch, he struggles to create his own shot off the dribble consistently
- Doesn't create shots for his teammates on the court
- Struggles to finish around the basket and in the paint