Donovan Mitchell unveils 2nd signature sneaker
The second signature sneaker from Utah Jazz guard Donovan Mitchell is set to launch later this month.
The Adidas D.O.N. Issue #2, which Mitchell debuted in Wednesday's win over the Memphis Grizzlies, represents his "determination over negativity" mindset and desire to be a "vehicle for positive disruption on the court and in communities," according to Adidas.
"I'm not just a basketball player, I want kids to have my shoes not only because they are fans but because there's a purpose behind them," Mitchell said in a statement. "I will continue to speak on what I feel is right and what needs to change.
"I don't just speak for Donovan Mitchell, I speak for Black people and minorities knowing change is not necessarily happening next year or the one after that, but it does start with the future and that is where kids are."
The sneaker will drop Aug. 28 with a bright green Spider-Man-inspired colorway, followed by a Crayola three-pack and several other styles that will be released throughout the remainder of the year.
- Saleh: Rodgers' interest in joining Jets 'shows how far we've come'
- Canadiens sign Harvard standout Sean Farrell to 3-year, entry-level deal
- Kings' Lizotte to have hearing for cross-checking Morrissey's face
- Ranking top 5 lineups: Padres' new Murderers' Row the toast of baseball
- Top 20 players in Major League Baseball for 2023