Twitter map shows Lakers are most hated NBA team this season
There isn't much love for the Lakers outside Los Angeles this season.
The Lakers are the most hated NBA team across the United States since the start of the 2019-20 season, according to geotagged Twitter data gathered by Sportsinsider.com. Over 100,000 tweets were tracked, including phrases such as "I hate the (insert team)."
The Lakers were the most disliked NBA team in 34 states, though there's still quite a bit of disdain toward the Golden State Warriors. The Los Angeles Clippers and Houston Rockets also appear on the map.
- 'Don't look old': At 41, ageless Scola set for 5th Olympics
- NHL draft: Takeaways from trade-filled Day 1, players to watch on Day 2
- Frustrated Giolito critical of umps: Things were 'taken away from us'
- Report: Sabres shipping Reinhart to Panthers
- Canadiens select Mailloux 31st overall after prospect withdrew from draft