On this day: How well do you know the inaugural modern Summer Olympics?
On April 6, 1896, the first ever Summer Olympics of the modern era began. Hosted in Athens, Greece, these games served to lay the foundation for the global spectacle as we know it.
The 1896 Athens Olympics lasted nine days - April 6-15 - and included nine different sports, classified into 43 events.
What else do you know about the inaugural international Olympic Games?
- Hyman scores 3 as Oilers smash Hurricanes for 5th straight win
- Report: Candelario agrees to 3-year, $45M deal with Reds
- Clippers overcome Jokic's triple-double to snap 8-game series skid vs. Nuggets
- By the numbers: Standout stats from a record-breaking night in the NBA
- Report: Angels still alive in push to re-sign Ohtani