Tiger Woods and a star-studded field visit Los Angeles this week for the Genesis Open at historic Riviera Country Club.
Woods returns to the place where he made his PGA Tour debut in 1992 as a 16-year-old high school student, but he has since struggled to find his game at the venue. The 14-time major champion has never won on the Pacific Palisades design in 10 attempts, but he will try to end his drought against one of the strongest fields of the season.
Here's what you need to know about the tournament:
Defending champion: Dustin Johnson
- Johnson claimed the world No. 1 ranking last year, winning by five for his first of four titles in 2017.
Course: Riviera Country Club (Par 71, 7,322 yards)
- Built in 1926 by George C. Thomas.
- No. 24 ranked golf course in the United States.
- Held three major championships in its history (1948 U.S. Open - Ben Hogan, 1983 PGA - Hal Sutton, 1995 PGA - Steve Elkington).
- Features some unique designs, such as the short par-4 10th, which is one of the great risk/reward holes in golf.
Notables in the field: Tiger Woods, Phil Mickelson, Rory McIlroy, Jordan Spieth, Justin Thomas, Adam Scott, Bubba Watson, Martin Kaymer, Thomas Pieters, Daniel Berger, Tommy Fleetwood, and Alex Noren.
How to watch
- Thursday, 2-6 p.m. ET on Golf Channel
- Friday, 3-7 p.m. ET on Golf Channel
- Saturday, 2-3:30 p.m. on Golf Channel, 4-7 p.m. ET on CBS
- Sunday, 1-2:45 p.m. on Golf Channel, 3-6:30 p.m. ET on CBS