Rondo out 'a couple weeks' with fractured thumb
"I can't even use a fork with my thumb," Rondo told Johnson.
It was reported earlier Friday that the 31-year-old would be re-evaluated in seven-to-10 days after suffering the injury in the third quarter of Game 2.
The 6-foot-1 guard played well throughout the first two games, averaging 11.5 points, 10 assists, 8.5 rebounds, and 3.5 steals on 42.3 percent shooting.
With Rondo unable to play, the Bulls struggled mightily in Game 3, scoring just 87 points in a 17-point defeat to Boston.
- Tannehill: Mentorship remarks about Willis were blown out of proportion
- MLB Tuesday best bets: Cease, Gallen headline juicy day for under bettors
- Report: Teams asking Lakers for 1st-rounder in Westbrook trade talks
- Panthers' regular-season success fails to yield playoff results
- Report: Tortorella interviewed for Flyers' head coach opening