Marner makes Leafs 1st club to boast 3 rookies of the month in a season
It's Mitch Marner's turn.
The Toronto Maple Leafs winger has been named the NHL’s Rookie of the Month for January after recording four goals and 11 assists for 15 points in 13 games.
Marner joins teammates William Nylander (October) and Auston Matthews (December) to earn the honor during the current campaign, making the Maple Leafs the first NHL team with three different Rookie of the month honorees in a single season.
As a result of his productive month, Marner sits in a tie with Winnipeg's Patrik Laine for first in rookie scoring with 41 points. Matthews ranks second (39), while Nylander is in a tie for third (31).
- Lightning 'praying' Kucherov OK after leaving game with apparent injury
- Maple Leafs' Mrazek to miss 2 weeks with groin injury
- Kerfoot, Bunting help Maple Leafs defeat Senators
- Report: Sabres unwilling to retain salary in potential Eichel trade
- Red Sox blast 2 grand slams in rout of Astros, draw even in ALCS