LeBron becomes 1st player with 27K points, 7K rebounds, 7K assists
One night after moving into ninth place on the NBA's all-time scoring list, Cleveland Cavaliers star and four-time league Most Valuable Player LeBron James joined an illustrious club that only he can say he's a member of.
With his fourth assist of the opening quarter Saturday night against the Charlotte Hornets, James became the first frontcourt player ever to record 7,000 assists for a career.
Perhaps more notably, The King is now the only player to have scored at least 27,000 points, grabbed 7,000 rebounds, and dished out 7,000 assists, and it took him a little over 1,000 games to do it.
James entered Saturday's matchup averaging 24.1 points on 50.4 percent shooting, 7.7 rebounds, and a career-best 9.1 assists in 36.5 minutes.
- Report: Seahawks' Walker, Charbonnet expected to be available vs. 49ers
- Report: Jaguars optimistic Lawrence will play vs. Browns
- Lakers win debut NBA Cup behind dominant performances from LeBron, AD
- Where do the Blue Jays pivot after missing out on Ohtani?
- Samsonov records 1st shutout of season as Leafs prevail over Preds