Panthers sign Griffin, Love to bolster defensive depth
Griffin provides some insurance and all-important veteran experience on the back end of Carolina's defense, presumably filling a backup role after Dean Marlowe was placed on injured reserve last week.
The former first-round pick started 133 games across nine seasons with the Tennessee Titans from 2007-2015. He initially landed with the Minnesota Vikings as a free agent in March, but a preseason injury sent him to injured reserve and he was later released with a settlement.
Love rejoins the Panthers after recording three sacks in 15 appearances in 2015. Adding a familiar face to the interior defensive line rotation will be important for Carolina with first-round pick Vernon Butler set to miss several weeks after suffering a high ankle sprain.
- Tortorella blunt after benching Farabee: 'He didn't listen'
- Cowboys praise 'championship-caliber QB' Prescott after TNF win
- theScore's 50 favorite moments of 2023: Mahomes, miracles, and a fiery escape
- Previewing baseball HOF's 2024 contemporary era committee ballot
- Eichel notches goal and 2 assists in his 500th game, Golden Knights beat Canucks